Jobs of a lifetime are available at international employer Vauxhall via Bedford College.
Sixteen Advanced Apprenticeships for those aged 16+ are being offered with applications being sought on-line now.
Those with, or with predicted 5 GCSEs at A*-C (or 9-4) Grades including English, Maths and a science (or equivalent) must apply before April 5th in readiness for asessment on the 16th and a start date in September.
The four-year Advance Apprenticeship has a starting salary of £236.53 and begins with a year full-time at Bedford College then working at Luton.
Gina Bubbins, Director of Business Development at The Bedford College Group said: “These apprenticeships are the sort of life opportunity which many families can only dream of. Access to them is via the link below and the apprentices will be helped every step of the way by our experienced staff here at Bedford College.”
During this Apprenticeship, the employees will acquire a raft of industry qualifications and skills starting with the Standard for Engineering Technician Level 3 then:
• Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
• Foundation Competence – EAL Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
• Gateway Assessment on completion of Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
• Development Competence – EAL Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering – Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
• Development Knowledge – Pearsons Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
• College attendance
• Regular visits from the College into the workplace
• Observations and assessments in the workplace• Use of e-portfolio
• Independent End Point Assessment on completion of employer sign off of competence
• Ongoing support and training from both College and the employer
• Functional Skills qualifications (if required)