The Bedford College Group is in the process of rolling out a mass COVID-19 testing programme for staff and students across their Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire campuses (Bedford, Biggleswade, Kettering, Corby and Wellingborough).
The organisation is looking to develop a bank workforce, of up to 60 people, who can support the delivery of tests at their campuses across a range of different roles, which will include tasks, such as:
• ensuring the safe and effective distribution of COVID-19 tests to users
• ensuring the testing process is completed by users correctly and efficiently
• ensuring that administration tasks are completely to a high level of accuracy (i.e. recording of test results and booking in processes)
• providing customer service to users, assisting the full testing process from booking on, receiving test through to storage and completion and disposal in-line with company policy and legislation
• undertaking all mandatory training relevant to the safe performance of the role.
Existing staff will be eligible to apply, but there will be some places among the 60 posts, for external candidates who will need to demonstrate excellent customer service, alongside the ability:
• to work well as part of a coordinated team
• to communicate effectively with those being tested and to colleagues
• to work in a highly confidential manner, respecting the privacy of staff and students.
This is a flexible hourly paid position, the associated rate of pay is £12.50 per hour.
The required PPE will be provided to all candidates to ensure they can work in the safest possible environment.
For external persons who may be interested, a CV submission will be required email@example.com
Get your daily digest of local news here: