North Northamptonshire Council would like to congratulate local residents from North Northamptonshire who were recognised in the Queen’s New Year’s Honours.
Both the Chair of the Council, Cllr Paul Bell and the Leader of the Council, Cllr Jason Smithers, have offered their congratulations to those from North Northamptonshire who were recognised in the Queen’s New Year’s Honours.
From Olympians and Paralympians to public sector workers, as well as volunteers and those making a difference in their communities, 11 individuals received honours:
• Aaron Shrive BEM – Desborough – supplied the NHS with PPE. For services to the Covid-19 response
• Alison Duckles CBE – Wellingborough – Head, learning and development, Laing O’Rourke. For services to education)
• Professor Ben Hodgkinson BEM – Geddington – Created CPAP device. For services to the NHS during Covid-19
• Charlotte Worthington MBE – Corby – Olympic gold medal winner. For services to BMX racing
• Dylan Fletcher-Scott MBE – formerly of Desborough – Olympic gold medal winner. For services to sailing
• Julie West BEM – Rushden – Poppy Appeal volunteer, Rushden Branch Royal British Legion. For voluntary service to veterans
• Kevin Moseley MBE – Wollaston – Founder and chief executive officer, SwimFin Ltd. For services to international trade, to investment and to charity
• Maisie Summers-Newton MBE – Wollaston – Paralympic gold medal winner. For services to swimming
• Timothy Aldous BEM – Kettering – Works supervisor, Forestry England. For services to forestry
• Vincent James BEM – Irchester – Employee, Network Rail. For services to prisoners
• Yvonne Baker OBE – Rushden – Chief Executive, STEM Learning. For services to STEM education.
Cllr Paul Bell, Chair of the Council, said: “On behalf of the whole of North Northamptonshire, I wish to pass our congratulations on and hope that their achievements act as an inspiration for future generations.”
Cllr Jason Smithers, Leader of NNC, said: “Every one of the individuals on this year’s list deserves their award and I am so pleased that there are local names recognised. Their dedication and determination across a variety of fields of expertise should be commended.”